Friday, February 15, 2013

Fun Friday

I hope that everyone was spoiled on Valentine's Day yesterday!

I surprised my husband by making a fun banner for his office that said "I love you." I hung it over a burlap backdrop that I secured with some pushpins into the wall. It was hanging against the wall that he sees right when he first walks into his office. I also made a super cute little personalized mail box. I glued some brown polka dot paper onto the mail box and continued the triangular banner theme by adding a personalized message on his mailbox. 
His desk is "L-shaped" so I cleared the space closest to the banner and put down a burlap runner with the mailbox and message facing him when he walked in. I found some delicious peanut butter fudge that I put into the mail box.

Let's get back to FUN FRIDAY!

Here is an amazingly, super yummy appetizer that I tried out a few weekends ago! It's one of those where you almost don't want to share the recipe.... but, it's easy, yummy and fun!

Jalapeno Croissant Poppers
Serving Size: 32 little Crescent Poppers.
Pinned Image
Yummy, creamy goodness!

       Ingredients: 
  • 1 package Cream Cheese (8 Ounce Package)
  • 4 ounces, weight Canned, Diced Jalapenos
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 8 ounces, weight Tube Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
*** My substitutions:  I used 4 freshly chopped Jalapeno peppers instead of the canned ones. 
*** I didn't add a whole table spoon of sugar. I just did it by taste, but it was less than a whole tablespoon. 
*** I also added some roasted red peppers that I chopped up finely. 

     Preparation: 
     
  • Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
  • Cut your cube of cream cheese and throw about 3/4 of it into a bowl. Now take about half of your jalapenos from the can and throw in with your cream cheese. (Or you can use fresh ones) 
  • Add your Tablespoon of sugar to the cream cheese mix.  
  • Take your fork and mash it all up really well. Be sure to incorporate all that sugar in really well.
  • Open up your tube of crescent rolls and place on your cutting board. Separate them into two rectangles. Now pinch together the perforations to create two nice rectangles. *** I like to dip my fingers in some water and lightly "glue" the perforations together. 
  • With the back of your spoon, spread half of the cream cheese mixture onto one of the rectangles. Save the other half of the mixture for the other rectangle. (You will have two rectangles per tube of crescent rolls.
  • Get to spreading.
  • Once you’ve spread your half portion of cream cheese on one of your rectangles, start with the LONG end of the roll, and get to rolling.
  • Once it’s all rolled up, you will need to cut your log into 16 pinwheels. Cut your log right in half. Now you should have two logs. Then cut those two logs in half, and now you should have four logs. 
  • Place your 16 poppers, laying face up, on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
  • Pop these into the oven for about 13 minutes until they are golden brown.
***Note: You could refrigerate these little guys if you wanted to make them ahead of time.

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy a fabulous weekend!

Xoxo from Melissa at MG Events! 

 

No comments: